Ah, fall. What’s not to love about it? The changing colors of the leaves, pumpkin pie, scarves, Halloween, not to mention the crisp air. You’ve swapped out your summer dresses and shorts for cardigans and jeans, but what about the house? As summer ends and the weather cools, we’re sharing fall decor trends we’re loving for the season ahead. Try them out and tag us @taskrabbit on social media to show us how you’ve refreshed your home for fall.
- For a classic rustic look, go for wood furniture and wooden accents.
- You don’t have to be limited to just wood! Marble, granite, and copper can give your living space an organic atmosphere.
- In addition to the essential pumpkin, use wheat for a naturally textured wreath or decorations for your porch, fireplace, and mantel.
- Aside from warm, earthy tones, don’t be afraid to incorporate a flair of deep purple and blush pink.
- Rather than sticking to minimalist design, embrace bold splashes of color in your decor choices.
- Display objects and decorations with a handcrafted aesthetic, like a bright throw pillow or deco art piece.
- Mix and match your furniture to reflect your tastes and personality. Don’t stick to just one theme!
- Don’t be afraid to stray from solid colors — incorporate plaid into your decor to evoke warmth and comfort as the weather turns colder. A plaid curtain or throw blanket add a nice touch.
- Consider velvet for pillows or couches. This makes your room feel cozier and more luxurious.
- Lay a patterned rug in your living room for even more of a cozy element.
- For an extra sense of warmth, decorate with fringe, crochet, and macramé.
Ready to welcome fall in your home? Get help from a Tasker.