Jane Ko is a social media strategist, photographer, and blogger living in Austin, Texas who has a penchant for fine food, fine aesthetics, and never turning down a glass of champagne.
On her blog, A Taste of Koko, Jane demonstrates the magic that can happen when creative visionaries and crafty Taskers combine their powers.
With the help of Tasker Carley, Jane assembled and installed a set of IKEA BESTA cabinets, customizing them into a beautiful DIY wine and coffee bar. We didn’t know IKEA could look so grownup and stylish!
Check out Jane’s blog for details on how she and Carley worked together to reinvent Jane’s living room. Feeling inspired? Let us help make your decor dreams come true!
The worst day of the week is probably Laundry Day.
If you don’t move quickly, someone else will claim the building’s sole washer and dryer for six loads of towels — that’s if you’re lucky enough to live in a building with laundry facilities. Otherwise you have to drag your dirty clothes to the corner laundromat and stand guard all day. And even if you have your own private machines at home, washing, folding, and putting everything away is a daunting task.
Fortunately, we can help you every step of the way.
- If your pile of laundry has grown so big that it’s started to cultivate its own civilization, it’s time to call a Tasker. Sorting the lights from the darks, moving laundry from the washer to the dryer, and finally folding it all — leave it to a Tasker to take care of.
- What about all that “dry clean only” clothing? A Tasker can handle that too! Just hire someone for a pickup and delivery, and that’s one more thing you can check off your weekend to do list.
- The final — and often most challenging — step of laundry day is actually getting your clothes out of the basket and into your closet and dresser. That’s where you can enlist the help of a Tasker to make sure your freshly cleaned laundry doesn’t just end up sitting in the basket all week.
How else can we help you reclaim your free time?
Today is National Vinyl Record Day and whether you’re a hipster with a retro fetish or can actually recall with nostalgia using your parents’ record player, today is the perfect day to get your vinyl collection back in shape.
- Assemble furniture: A good home entertainment system starts with the right furniture. If you’ve recently purchased a console to house your sound system, you can hire a Tasker to help with its assembly so you don’t end up with mysterious “extra” pieces and a wobbly table.
- Organize your records : Trying to find your favorite record among your vinyl collection is not as easy as just searching for the title on your computer, so having your music physically organized is the best way to keep your tunes at your fingertips. A Tasker can help you put your vinyl in easy, accessible order.
- Setup your record player: If you’ve got all the pieces but just haven’t set them all up yet, a Tasker can help you wire up your sound system. Next all you’ll need to do is invite everyone over for a listening party.
Happy National Vinyl Record Day! How will you be celebrating?
He had been training all year for this moment.
For Hunter in San Francisco, the eponymous marathon was his first ever, and he could not be more proud of his accomplishment. Understandably, he wanted to share his triumph with friends and family. Unfortunately, his family is on the East Coast, and wouldn’t be able to watch Hunter cross the finish line in person.
So Hunter came up with the ingenious idea of asking a Tasker to help him get the perfect photo finish.
Tasker Angelo coordinated with Hunter to get the timing just right, showing up an hour before Hunter’s projected finish so he could score the best photo spot. As Hunter finished the marathon, Angelo snapped the moment, and even got some celebratory photos of Hunter with supportive friends.
Hunter says the whole process was “simple” and “could not have worked out better.”
We’re so glad we could help! Congrats to Hunter on his first marathon and kudos to Angelo for such great photos!
As we mentioned, yesterday was National IPA Day. We hope that everyone of legal drinking age who wanted to celebrate got a chance to imbibe some hoppy, bitter brew.
National IPA Day got us thinking about celebrations in general, and how we can help make your parties a success.
One of the tasks we frequently receive requests for is bartending. Whether you need someone to simply pop caps off bottles or mix more elaborate cocktails, a Tasker can take the responsibility off your hands so you can spend more time hosting and socializing.
If you’re planning to entertain any time soon, hire a Tasker to take care of serving the libations.
Cheers to a great weekend!
Did you know August 6 is National IPA Day? Short for India pale ale, IPAs have become wildly popular the past couple of years. Known for bitterness derived from hops used to create the IPAs, the distinct brewing and flavor of IPAs were developed during the late part of the 18th century.
The invention of the IPAs is largely credited to a guy in England named George Hodgson for the Bow Brewery. According to legend, a pretty ordinary batch of “October beer” underwent a unique maturation process on its voyage to India, where it impressed consumers upon its arrival. The rest is history.
Celebrate this hoppy beer tomorrow with a delivery from TaskRabbit. We’ve made tons of beer runs for Clients, and if you feel like cheers-ing National IPA Day, be sure to schedule a pickup with a Tasker — they can deliver either to you or a friend! (21 and older, of course.)
One San Francisco Client wanted to surprise his girlfriend with a romantic picnic in Golden Gate Park. But to pull it off, he needed help.
Help arrived in the form of Tasker Ava.
Ava found the task romantic and wanted to help make sure the Client and his girlfriend enjoyed a perfect meal in the park. The task required a little planning and coordination the day before, but when the Client and his girlfriend arrived to find a blanket laid out with food and drink, it was all worth it.
This isn’t the first time we’ve helped with a romantic surprise! How can we help make your significant other swoon?